Runtime Error 424 Fix
Runtime error 424 is one of the many errors computer users might face when running the Microsoft Windows XP or Vista operating system software. Runtime errors prevent certain applications or programs from being accessed and can hamper effective usage of the computer for work and entertainment purposes. It is due to such that ways to stop Runtime 424 are developed to enable effective usage of the computer.
Reasons responsible for Runtime Error 424:
- Trojan and malware
- Corruption or mis-deleting of registry entries
- Corrupt Application
- Hard or improper system shutdown
- file getting accidentally moved, deleted or corrupted
How To Fix Runtime Error 424
Step One – Reinstall The Application Causing The Error
The first step in resolving the runtime error 424 is to first uninstall the application which keeps coming up with the error. Then reinstall the application, this is so that the computer thinks it has just downloaded a new version of the program.
Here’s how to reinstall the application:
- Click Start > Control Panel > Add / Remove Programs
- Locate the application causing the error
- Click “Remove” next to the application
- Wait for the application to uninstall
- Restart your PC
- Reinstall the application
- Click start and select Run
- Enter the following “regsvr32.exe comdlg32.ocx”
Step Two -Repair The Registry
You should clean up the Windows registry in your computer. To do this, you will need to use something known as a registry cleaner to scan this huge database for you. Doing it yourself would be a mammoth task that would take days and days, and you would almost certainly miss something. Windows stores its vital files and settings deep inside the registry, which are essential to all the various programs you have onboard running properly.
To solve runtime error 424 ,You need to follow the steps below:
Click the “Scan” button.
Click the ‘Fix Errors’ Button to Repair Your PC!
Posted in Fix Run Time Error